Originally Posted by Anonymous
Taz is on it's way to irrelevance like every other Legacy team. It's not the kids or the coaches, it's the club. As soon as they stopped being the undisputed #1 team they stop attracting talent because the club itself isn't a draw by itself. Express has the Catholic school hooks and 91 has the marketing. Legacy has none of that. Sorry, but it is all downhill from here.

Obviously the Legacy brand is a subpar brand in travel lacrosse. C’mon, they came to be, from a merger between Riptide and Havoc Dunedogs. They have a couple of decent teams, of which Taz is one. That’s it. On the landscape of significant travel clubs, they don’t exist. Not sure what will happen to Taz, but if my son were on the team, I would be seriosly thinking about other clubs, at this point. When it comes time for recruiting, those kids are at a serious disadvantage.

Both WP and TAZ are fantastic teams there is no doubt but how many articles do you read about great lacrosse players not getting recruited because they were pigeon holed into one sports. The fact is NCAA coaches are looking for multiple sport athletes. Kids that play on teams that are not labeled "AA" but are able to play multiple sports fair much better in the recruiting process because ultimately they are better athletes. Big difference in a multiple sport athlete who has handled a few losses in his youth travel games and a kid that hardly handles defeat but when they do they are taught by there parents to act is if the sky is falling. Coaches notice that.

You're really going to hate this... but as I've posted before, the core reason why this group is so good, is because they are tremendous athletes first and lacrosse players second. Most are top level athletes in this grade year, anywhere. They are top top players in every sport they play. By the way, there isn't one child on the team that is a lacrosse-only athlete. All of them play several sports (almost always at least 3) including football, soccer, basketball and even baseball, along with any other sport they can fit into their busy schedules. Other travel teams too (not lacrosse). I don't know where you got the idea that these kids only play lacrosse. That is completely ridiculous! Nothing could be further from the truth. Sorry Charlie.

Hey, it's charlie here, just want to throw in my 2 cents: when you take a group of handpicked kids of equal or close to equal skill to play on a team, as a unit, they will usually play well and be tops in their division. However take those same kids and now combine them with kids who aren't as skilled like they will face when they get into Junior high and high school and suddenly they don't look quite like the superstars they did before. Good, great players however you like to refer to them as will lift up the the playability of their teammates. Hopefully your kid who is a true athlete as you suggest will continue to be the team leader past his sixth grade taz yrs.

Charlie,
I guess by using your theory, it would be better if a child or children played on lower level teams against lesser competition so when they too venture to high school and mixed with those same even lesser players,will make a better recipe for success..
Some of you people are just so wrapped up in beating up on these kids,move on with your life,its youth lacrosse, tip your hat to them,most of them are very skilled due to practice, training and athletic ability......geeez...and BTW, they are 11-12 years old children

90% of them are 12, and have been for quite sometime. Alot of 2005 dob's on those teams.No Hate- just a fact! When you take athletic older boys hold them back in K for lacrosse and have them practice all the time,Yes the odds are quite good they will be a dominant team. WP TAZ and now Express in same conversation. The thing is, there are many really really good on age kids (2006's) that might not have gotten the nod in the past.Believe it or not 1yr still makes a big difference! Also i also know many quality kids that do NOT want to play on Taz,wp and express that could make those squads.