Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question i see all these post with holdbacks . What makes a kid a holdback ? If a kid was born in Mid November and the cut off for School is Dec 1st but was held back in first grade and 2 weeks later the rest of the kids start turning the same age as that mid November birthday is he considered a holdback ? What is the cut off date ?

Depends who you talk to. My opinion, unless it is a 6month difference between 2005 / 2006 it will make no difference. There are plenty of holdbacks that play lacrosse that are b plAyers . And 2006 kids that are A players. Holdbacks are an excuse that people use to justify why their child does not play. I played sports my whole life , I was always the youngest in my grade. I was an athlete and always played. Does not make a difference. If a child has it they have it. Anyone that has coached will agree. .

If you want to talk about resumes, i have coached youth lacrosse for 15 years. And I was a holdback growing up, a very long time ago. I am telling you its an unfair advantage. All things equal, the holdback has a HUGE advantage. I don’t see how anyone can possibly disagree with that. It’s complete common sense. Not debatable.