Originally Posted by Anonymous

We are now judging and rating PAL teams??? Lolol this has gotten out of control. How do you rate town teams based on the fact that the teams are ran through the top Travel kids. PAL becomes a 2 through 6 man game, the rest are just fillers. Some programs have lost kids and some have gained and others are playing up. Some of these teams have 2 or more top travel kids on their teams and some have none. Can't rank teams based on that playing field. Plus add in the fact that you have to play every kid somewhat evenly no matter the skill level. And overall PAL is for fun, not to flex your chest. If that's what your looking for than Travel is the way to go, PAL is dying and if you disagree go look up the Travel lacrosse companies growth across the board but more obvious is the amount of teams they have at every grade level then compare it too PAL registrations over the last 3- 4 years. I like PAL for the simple fact that my son gets to play with his friends but the real skill building and competition is at the travel level and its only getting stronger.

". . . you have to play every kid somewhat evenly . . ." Some teams (Read: coaches!) would do well to keep this in mind. I've seen far too many games that were closer than the opposing coach thought they would be, and then somehow shortened his bench for the better part of the game to ensure a win!

Genius. Stop with the club argument. Everyone understands all that crap. You aren't educating anyone. The point here is, town teams are one of the core indicators for HS success. It's common sense. Based on what I know, several of the teams mentioned here will be contending for LIC's and beyond in a few years. Anybody want to dispute that? If so, history has proven you wrong, many times over. Any other teams to add to the list??

Towns that don't field town teams post PAL aren't successful? That's what your post infers. In Nassau, that's more towns than not. Pease go away with this stupidity!

Simple concept. Read the post. Then respond to what you read. If you do that, the point is not arguable. If you put stuff in there that doesn’t exist, I guess you can argue. But then you are neurotic. [/quote]

You didn't explicitly say it, but that conclusion is the logical progression from what you posted.