Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of your kids have bailed from PAL This year? Our town team is so bad I’m not even sure if they had enough kids to get a team.

It cant be worse then ours. We have had 2 practices all year. And have combined with 7th grade. It is a joke. My son likes playing with his school pals, so we eat the 200$. Drop in the bucket compared to travel.

Maybe you had 2 practices because the fields are terrible this year from the snow every week. Maybe your PAL team can’t afford private space because they don’t charge each kid 3000. It people like you that make it worse. Do them a favor and stay away. At least your son understands and has a good head on his shoulder to understand what sports are about in 6th grade.

Easy big guy, someone p1ss in your wheaties? Plenty of days for makeups and its passed on. Field has been just fine. Not expecting 15 practices...just more then TWO. And other grades in our town have had less then that. And others have had 10. This is my second kid to go through it, and it doesn't get better. Its ok, its the reason we play travel. My son is pretty good, and more importantly he loves the sport (in addition to all the others he does). Off the grandstand please, was just answering the original post honestly.

It seems that this is becoming the rule more than the exception. I know some of the bigger programs don’t see this, but I think the smaller programs are having an issue getting kids to play. Some coaches( not all) have an issue with the kids that play travel due to conflicts in schedule. Unfortunately the kids that play travel are the better kids and when they miss practices or games it does not go over well with Town coach. It’s even tougher when you get kids that only pick up the stick in the spring and can’t throw or catch. My son decided to not play PAL and said he will play with his friends in the district for middle school team next year. Was just curious how many others were in similar boat. A few other kid da on my son’s travel team have also left PAL for various reasons. Time also being one of them. It seems travel teams are less concerned with Sunday games and schedule practices for then as well.
yes club is going to ruin school ball just like they did with soccer . I make my kid play Pal and school ball . I am a bleiever in both. Sports teach children life lessons. It’s not just about who’s the best and winning. Do not get me wrong , we all love to win , but at what cost ? Club is for mastering the skills and learning at a higher level. School ball is about bringing what you learned to the table and lift the play of those around you and playing for your school pride.

What school teams have problems getting players at the expense of club?? The reference for that problem happening was for PAL, which is a whole different animal, and for up through 6th grade, it's the only option (or compliment) to club.