Originally Posted by Anonymous

Spring is approaching and the town teams tournaments will be starting up. I feel the town team tournaments are a good barometer on How the HS teams will do down the road. I know some of the town teams grab from surrounding towns but what town teams stand out?

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

I agree but I would have to put Commack in front of ESM. And I have never seen SWR play at any of the tournaments- How about the Nassau teams?

I’m sure we’ll get a RVC and a GC dad saying their teams are tops in Nassau. But really, is there any other team that compete in Nassau?? I read all of the garbage on here, and I don’t think there is another legit contender ever mentioned.

There aren't that many town teams in Nassau that strive to participate as such - between the smaller communities where it is logistically too much work to put teams together along with all of the boys that play club, it's really a meaningless assessment of anything.

I would have to put Gc and Rvc in front of esm and swr on the Long Island list.Regardless, of how you feel about the Nassau teams I do believe Manhasset, Massapequa and Lynbrook teams all should be in conversation.

Not sure about your assessment in regards to RVC and GC, but you have no idea what you are talking about if you are putting Massapequa in the conversation. There is no kind way to say it, except that team is horrible. I mean... REALLY HORRIBLE. You have no idea what quality town teams are on LI, if you think that team is one of the top teams. I don't know anything about Lynbrook, but I don't think Manhasset is much better than Massapequa. My thinking is that RVC and GC are prob justified, but the rest are at a B level or below. Hopefully all of the teams will play in some town tourneys this Spring and we'll find out.