Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
After wasting my time skimming thru all these posts I have some valuable information to share with parents who do not have kids on wp or taz 1) you will never be able to convince taz or wp parents that kids with equal or greater talent exist at this grade level and DONT play on one of these two teams 2) you can't convince these parents that although their kid may be a stud player up until this age things may change and he may not be a stud player in the yrs to come 3) any attempts to have a rational conversation or express your opinion will be quickly and decisively met with" your just jealous of our boys and their success and your angry because your kid couldn't make the team". You'll even get the one bozo who likes to chime in and brag about all the publicity their team gets. So if you keep this in mind we can minimize the wp and taz banter and have some meaningful lax conversations to look forwards to.

As a parent on one of these teams, I think anyone would agree that there are players out there worthy of being on one of these teams. I would sure hope so. As I have previously posted, if you think that your son is one of those few, bring him to a tryout and find out. These teams are about getting better. If there is a player available that can help them achieve that, they will be offered a roster spot. Talk is cheap. Next August bring your son to tryout, and he will get an objective review, and possibly an opportunity to grow in this sport, second to none. And stop the BS about how you and your son like to be on bad teams. If he is truly a top player, you’re wasting your time, his time and your money.

Well said: You are wasting your time trying to rationalize with these parents. Like taliking to a liberal. A lot of parents are blind to the truth: there are 4 teams that your kid could tryout for WP; TAZ, express, igloo : on the top A level. Make your choice bring your kid down to those tryouts . Those teams play the top teams of the age group, here and out of state: FACT . If you are not playing at the A Level for those teams your kid is B player . . Just a fact. Just saying those are the teams your kid should be striving for. If what you are saying is true, that your child is an A player and plays on a B team because you have some personal beef with these teams , you are only hurting him in the end. So think carefully . Only talking about Long Island teams.