[/quote]

What world are you from? Over 80% of both of the teams rosters are hold backs. What do
When are the owner of these clubs going man up and make age based teams?They will still make the same money!!! the parents will stop the name calling and accusing the coaches of cheating when they win. and You know everyone would get along much better on the sidelines knowing that it is a fair playing field.[/quote] STOP!!! JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY AND HAVE FUN. WASTE OF TIME.... COMPLAINING. look at it this way . your child will only get better playing against stronger players.. Your child will have everything to gain. Remember its only 11 year old lacrosse

I've yet to see a cogent argument about why they wouldn't make as much money, so yeah I agree. [/quote]
[/quote]

Says the guy who has no clue about the reams of studies that show why it is NOT the way to run youth sports and is the the basis of why EVERY other youth sport has moved to age-based play. The decision to play up is supposed to lie with the child/parent of the YOUNGER player, NOT the decision of the child/player of the OLDER player! This type of thinking is exactly what keeps lacrosse (or anything else, for that matter!) from progressing and/or maturing. So, no cogent argument for grade-based play once again![/quote]says the guy who thinks we care. My kid plays up and still runs circles around holdbacks. So put you kid in dance and stop complaining.
[/quote]

Did you spend all day coming up with that retort??! All other sports have already figured this out, so ALL of those people, who happen to dwarf the lax world, cared. USL cares, or they wouldn't be bothered to try and implement age-based play. I love people that make the "I'm right and EVERYONE else is wrong" argument - it's kind of like declaring that the world is flat in 2017, with about as much reasoning put into the conclusion. YOU choose to have your son play up - good for you! That's the way it's supposed to be!! But, you're too dumb to see that point and how it diminishes the rest of your case. The choice shouldn't be with older players deciding that younger players have to play 'up' against them. Both my sons do just fine on good teams and against other teams, holdbacks or not - here's a novel concept for your narrow minded brain: people can actually strive to improve things even if they're not a 'victim', but simply because they see that it's the best thing to do for EVERYONE. Those are the people that are leaders and innovators. As opposed to you, who comes across as more of a "go along to get along" type... you know - a follower!