Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all here's my disclaimer, I have a kid born middle of school year so I have no particular interest in dispelling the holdback phenomenon that is sweeping the lax community. To be realistic once your kid hits 7th grade he will forever be playing against kids who are older, bigger, .stronger and probably faster than he is. And I don't think it's much of a stretch to state by time a kid turns 17-18 he's already reached his max growth and physical potential. So at that point does it really matter as to when his exact birthday is. If your kid is good he will be successful...

We all recognize that when 17&18 yrs of age come's around what goes on. We all recognize that school sports are grade driven. But This is a Youth sport! Believe me there are No scholarships given out at these tournaments(just tee shirts) Youth sports need to have enforced age requirements. I don't even care what dob date is chosen. Just as long as all clubs and tournaments are held accountable to verify that dob date, and give a fair and equal playing field for everyone.Please don't hand me the life lessons [ChillLaxin] of playing with older kids and getting used to losing because it is a part of life. That is the worst argument that can be made. (hey Johnny you are older please go teach that younger boy a life lesson by beating or taking his spot.He will thank you when he is your age)
Why is age based so hard agree and comply with? Any parent opposed to having age rules put in place must have an agenda.