this guy has no idea about what he is talking about...to answer your question, yes am the dad who made the initial remark and yes I was recruited to play both D1 lacrosse and D1 football....while this was in the 90s, still very impressive. I had more of an interest in lax and decided to play for a top Ivy team. I have followed the game with my kids and have coached as well. Oldest is getting recruited already. I laugh at the stunad parents of today that think just because your kid plays year round or on a top club today, they think they are the best players. To say the LSM position isn't for a skilled person you have to be a complete stunad....today's offense primarily hinges on getting the ball to to a person who can dodge the shorty....the LSM is the most valuable person on the field - starting from h.s. thru college...it is the most athletic person on the field that can do everything....control the tempo, play defense, transition, offense, man-up, ground balls, wing play, face-offs.....they take the most skilled person that you highlight (pin-point passes, deceptive dodging, etc.) and they take that person away....just like that.....they guard the top middie who is typically the main shooter/dodger and they take that person away and shut'em down...to me that is SKILL