Originally Posted by Anonymous
On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

$1,900 for 5 tourneys, fall and spring training.

Looking at just the total price doesn't compare apples to apples, as some teams include extra tourneys, winter turf time and training in those numbers, while others you pay a la carte for all of the extra's. Suffice to say, travel has gone to a whole new level, price-wise. Tuition for 91 went up 57% in the past two years. Granted, they throw in some extra's to get to that price, including an extra sweatshirt, but +57% in two years is staggering. Makes you start thinking about getting off the travel lacrosse gravy train. You wonder why lacrosse is perceived as the prep school sport of the privileged?? It's because it still very much is.

Which is exactly why I will not have my son play for a club program that includes a true "full year" program - I don't want:

* fall tourneys - my kids are busy playing football from Aug 1st to the end of Nov. with Saturday walk-throughs and Sunday games, along with travel practices every other week or so
* winter workouts are fine, but I prefer it to be extra and a la carte - my kids are playing basketball and/or wrestling, as well as having some weekends to maybe do something as a family. We'll make as many as we can, but, if not, then I don't feel like I paid for something I could not take advantage of.
* spring tourneys - my kids are busy enough with their PAL and school teams, along with the the ramping up of their travel practices as we move into April/May

In the end, I worry less about my kids getting burned out of lax, they are multi-sport athletes and better athletes as a result, and I am not paying as much, but getting more value for my money spent.