BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,653
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 128 of 132 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spot on. Last year was a love fest compared to how things are this year.

What’s the difference between last year and this year?[/quote]

Coaching

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be glad your kid didnt have TC as coach. Since she has left, the toxic culture is much improved and the girls are enjoying it!!!!
You’re kidding right? There’s more toxicity than ever, there’s more getting thrown under the rug than ever. TC at least had control of her team. New coach has no backbone and because of it, the camaraderie is nil. Don’t fool yourselves, four players run the team and are the reason they win. One of them is now done for the season. One of them should have been expelled from school four times over. It would be a gift to the team for TC to come back at this point, and I say that without liking the woman. But she is better than what is going on now.

Why don’t you transfer to a school where your daughter will actually get play time rather than complain about the girls that are committed to play in college. Or who have had an injury. You are throwing the team captains under the bus for not having leadership skills to bring the team together. Just stop your whining and attacking of teenagers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s the difference between last year and this year?[/quote]

Coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me an IAAM team and I'll show you whiny, entitled parents. "But it is the schools fault, or the coaches fault, or the other kids on the team's fault, or the other parents on the team's fault, or the personal trainer you pay for's fault". It is never the parents fault! bahahahahahahaa!
You do realize that you are whining about other people whining and also exposing your own bitter insecurities right? I guess its also possible that this was written by a child, You see something you don't have so you ridicule. Got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be glad your kid didnt have TC as coach. Since she has left, the toxic culture is much improved and the girls are enjoying it!!!!
You’re kidding right? There’s more toxicity than ever, there’s more getting thrown under the rug than ever. TC at least had control of her team. New coach has no backbone and because of it, the camaraderie is nil. Don’t fool yourselves, four players run the team and are the reason they win. One of them is now done for the season. One of them should have been expelled from school four times over. It would be a gift to the team for TC to come back at this point, and I say that without liking the woman. But she is better than what is going on now.

Why don’t you transfer to a school where your daughter will actually get play time rather than complain about the girls that are committed to play in college. Or who have had an injury. You are throwing the team captains under the bus for not having leadership skills to bring the team together. Just stop your whining and attacking of teenagers.

Mcd girls throw the best parties. Can’t miss them!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe she was the issue not garrison

Fake news. 100% not true at all. The issue is culture and the fact that they may not have a team next year. I’m glad my kid is graduating this year or we would be leaving too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No issue of a toxic culture when my kid played under TC. No time for soft parents or players and my family was ok with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mcd girls throw the best parties. Can’t miss them!

So you are the dad that got drunk with kids at the seniors house last year. Grabbing drinks and taking shots with them. We all know who you are. You are doing your daughter a disservice by posting on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So will Mercy and Mt De Sales get moved down to B conference. Lots talking about bottom 2 automatic move. What will they do if GCS and Garrison don’t have varsity teams. A 10 team A conference would be really good.

Lots not talking

Did GFS even survive against Mercy?

GFS 15-8 over Mercy.

They had a lot of talented girls on offense which is why they scored a lot of goals. All but one of those girls is a senior. So, I’m not sure how they will improve in the A conference without a JV and half the team graduating.

Everyone was right: navy commit needs and will to move to defense
GFS Navy commit will NOT survive Navy if her mom doesn’t learn to keep her mouth shut. Trying to video parents at the ASHS, in peoples faces. Don’t worry parents were there and have sent their own videos off to Navy lacrosse coaches. Her mom acting like a fool and and an embarrassment.
If parents are sending Navy videos of an incoming player/parent - that person needs to get a life and clearly is jealous of her success
No her mom was acting like an immature toddler. Actually embarrassing for the daughter, feel bad for her. And trust me NO ONE is jealous of her or her parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPRING HAS SPRUNG AND FLING HAS FLUNG!!!!

Century High School just got a lot better next year! I look forward to watching them battle it out with Man Valley next year.
You all need to start your own page. No one cares about public school lacrosse. When you all get a shot clock and play by IAAM rules then maybe we will listen to your gibberish

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd wave of AA girls announced including “defender” from John Carroll that doesn’t play defense unless she gets stuck on d. What a joke that event has become!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Century High School just got a lot better next year! I look forward to watching them battle it out with Man Valley next year.
You all need to start your own page. No one cares about public school lacrosse. When you all get a shot clock and play by IAAM rules then maybe we will listen to your gibberish

Thought this was HS Girls Lacrosse not just Private School. There are talented girls at all levels and schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd wave of AA girls announced including “defender” from John Carroll that doesn’t play defense unless she gets stuck on d. What a joke that event has become!
Triggered much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you are a joke. Kid is one of the top defenders in her class but helps her high school more as a mid. Will be a good defender in college. The girls all know she’s good and top players know they have to play well to beat her. Now go cry to someone else but also know Corrigan isn’t picking the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garrison is 100% not the issue. She is already going to college for lacrosse so why would there not being a team matter. Clearly there is an underlying reason that this person is with holding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought this was HS Girls Lacrosse not just Private School. There are talented girls at all levels and schools.

Private school people really @ChillLaxin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garrison is 100% not the issue. She is already going to college for lacrosse so why would there not being a team matter. Clearly there is an underlying reason that this person is with holding.

It’s an issue if you want to play your senior year and compete. Good chance they don’t have a team or lose by 20 every game with the group they have back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully no one is arguing that there aren’t really talented girls in public schools but as the hope in this forum is to talk lacrosse and not girls specific(as they also read this and the last thing they need is to be virtually bullied by grown adults), unless of course you are BR and then apparently it’s ok, falling to teams is the easiest. As for teams, right or wrong, there aren’t many public schools that can get a full roster and bench of talent like the private schools can. Therefore, when talking teams, the natural propensity is to discuss the best league. It’s why you don’t hear much about the Norfolk tides unless it directly impacts the orioles.

Last edited by Team BOTC; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure her college would be excited about her taking a full year off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defender that was named to team from JC plays defense in Club, One of the best Defenders in the Country, Plays Mid and attack in HS because that is what team needs. I am not related to her, but have watched her play for years in club, my daughters club team has battled her club team for years. Kid is a great player, high motor. Well Deserved selection. Her, BM Defender and Spalding Defender are legit. BM defender top defender in Country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully no one is arguing that there aren’t really talented girls in public schools but as the hope in this forum is to talk lacrosse and not girls specific(as they also read this and the last thing they need is to be virtually bullied by grown adults), unless of course you are BR and then apparently it’s ok, falling to teams is the easiest. As for teams, right or wrong, there aren’t many public schools that can get a full roster and bench of talent like the private schools can. Therefore, when talking teams, the natural propensity is to discuss the best league. It’s why you don’t hear much about the Norfolk tides unless it directly impacts the orioles.

It’s ok if the kid acted that way along with her coach and teammates. Video can’t hide what caused it. Spsg feel entitled to do whatever they want. Truth hurts the kid I guess. I’m sure their coach is training them for more tricks for next week. Public school lax is bad. No way the top publics win more that 2 games in Iaam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure her college would be excited about her taking a full year off.

Clearly the OP is ignorant and does not have a child committed to play in college. Playing your senior year is extremely important especially when there is no club lacrosse past junior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s ok if the kid acted that way along with her coach and teammates. Video can’t hide what caused it. Spsg feel entitled to do whatever they want. Truth hurts the kid I guess. I’m sure their coach is training them for more tricks for next week. Public school lax is bad. No way the top publics win more that 2 games in Iaam.

I would put money on the top 2 @ChillLaxin schools (MV and SP) against 75% of the IAAM A schools. MV specifically has half their starting team who was recruited by the top IAAM schools and arguably the best player in the country who is a finalist for USA Today player of the year in the country. SP has a finalist for POY as well. I only see 3 IAAM kids on that list. You should get out from under your rock before making such ignorant comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been a joke for many years now - sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would put money on the top 2 @ChillLaxin schools (MV and SP) against 75% of the IAAM A schools. MV specifically has half their starting team who was recruited by the top IAAM schools and arguably the best player in the country who is a finalist for USA Today player of the year in the country. SP has a finalist for POY as well. I only see 3 IAAM kids on that list. You should get out from under your rock before making such ignorant comments.
To be fair the players you are mentioning are very good but they would not have the same stats in a tougher conference. When talented players play against players of lesser talent (As is the case in almost every public school game) they look like Michael Jordan. When they play against and with other top players, they blend in and would not have nearly the same stats as they would in public. Even the girls that are playing in the IAAM A conference that sit the bench have played since they were in kindergarten. Where the publics fill up their roster with some experienced players but most have never played prior to HS or MS and are there to be part of a team. I mean Severna Park playing Glen Burnie is like SPSG/MV/MCD playing Mt. DeSales. Difference being is that MD would a tough matchup for any public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a rest LG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the public coaches set it up and use the shot clock. Not sure publics have more than 2 really good players. Half recruited is a stretch for MV. Their top 2 players are really good. The others wound not play before their junior year at earliest. I think BMS beat Sp and MV and MDS was pretty close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm NDP just beat AS for their last regular season game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the public coaches set it up and use the shot clock. Not sure publics have more than 2 really good players. Half recruited is a stretch for MV. Their top 2 players are really good. The others wound not play before their junior year at earliest. I think BMS beat Sp and MV and MDS was pretty close.

MV MDS was not close and MV played without their top player who was coming back from injury. Yet still won pretty easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has had the luxury of having BR as their daughters coach, I can’t say enough good things about him as a coach and leader. He treated my daughter extremely well, built a great team culture and can say my daughter is better for having him coached her. Dont believe the nonsense coming from outside of this team. Although it’s pretty funny, but the non stop insults about him gets old. If he did was he was accused of he would have been fired. But it never happened. So let’s just move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to start your own page. No one cares about public school lacrosse. When you all get a shot clock and play by IAAM rules then maybe we'll listen to your

You're such a typical private school parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USA Today list? That goes off of nominations 😂

Any list missing the Visi senior, Good Counsel middie, and UNC daughter, just to name a few, is either incomplete or seriously flawed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair the players you are mentioning are very good but they would not have the same stats in a tougher conference. When talented players play against players of lesser talent (As is the case in almost every public school game) they look like Michael Jordan. When they play against and with other top players, they blend in and would not have nearly the same stats as they would in public. Even the girls that are playing in the IAAM A conference that sit the bench have played since they were in kindergarten. Where the publics fill up their roster with some experienced players but most have never played prior to HS or MS and are there to be part of a team. I mean Severna Park playing Glen Burnie is like SPSG/MV/MCD playing Mt. DeSales. Difference being is that MD would a tough matchup for any public school.[/quote]

The IAAM crowd used to say the same thing on the old Laxpower forum about Alice Mercer and Lizzie Colson. Seemed to work out pretty well for them despite playing the lowest of the low and hoarding stats in high school. I would say 3 or the top 4 (not sure which 3, MV, SP, Glenelg, Century, would make the IAAM playoffs this season. And all 4 of those teams would benefit from a shot clock. The issue with a shot clock in the public schools, is these teams are already winning 20-1, if they were forced to shoot every 90 seconds or 2 minutues the scores would be 60-0. No one wins there.

Each of these schools have good coaching who have been doing it at a high level for a long time, which is hard to find apparently in the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any list missing the Visi senior, Good Counsel middie, and UNC daughter, just to name a few, is either incomplete or seriously flawed

The senior? Not the Junior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP just beat AS, so that AS would win big over them is just not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty just lost to Gerstell. Cmon publics aren’t good enough to compete with top 8 privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Even the girls that are playing in the IAAM A conference that sit the bench have played since they were in kindergarten. Where the publics fill up their roster with some experienced players but most have never played prior to HS or MS and are there to be part of a team.”

This is the densest comment I have ever heard. You sound so ignorant and elitist. Shut up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at the USA team that competed in the last World Cup- mostly (as in over 80%) were public school kids. It seems to have worked well for them.

Not to mention how snobby it is to say we need to separate the two in a lacrosse discussion. I guess you think money and status allow you to say so. Not shocking!

I would much enjoy a public school forum because we would not be as degrading to kids or have as entitled of parents talk about how everything is someone else’s fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty just lost to Gerstell. Cmon publics aren’t good enough to compete with top 8 privates.

MV has the top Junior in the nation. And arguably the best freshman. Those 2 alone are better than half the IAAM teams. They would walk onto any IAAM team and take any spot they wanted.

But yes, they are the anomaly. Other than SP, there aren't any other public schools that could hang.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course the Private schools are going to be overall better than the Public schools because they are drawing kids from all over the State (some board kids from other States) & some just because of the lacrosse programs. Public are only getting the kids zoned for their school and also just those that opted not to go Private. It’s a fact. However there are still a lot of talented kids within the Public schools that could easily play from these same Private schools. Lacrosse is big in this area so I get it but school is more than just sports so both Private & Public school kids will be fine. No need to bash either. Just enjoy whichever your daughter is playing and remember she probably has good friends at both so watch what negative things you say because it’s not a good role model to talk bad about others. Lift others up rather than knock others down to feel better about yourself. Plus if your daughter is lucky enough to play in college she will have friends that came from both as well as all over the country. Teach them to get along rather than pit them against each other. Good luck to everyone playing today.

Like Reply Quote
Page 128 of 132 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard