Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club MCLA / NCLL is a great viable option for kids. Many of them are at great schools and you have all the fun with very little stress. And ’m going to go out on a limb and say some of the best club teams in the country would be very competitive with the low d1 schools

Yeah that’s a very narrow limb, MCLA games are all over YouTube, the best club teams would struggle to stay competitive with low d-3 teams. Just watch the video, proof is there for you.
Agree to disagree. I have one who currently plays D1 and one MCLA. Different kids, different paths. Was at the MCLA nationals last season and the teams there were, very, very good. Both kids happy with their decisions but the D1 experience is a real grind and he's getting burnt out. At the end of the day, It should be about what your kids wants and enjoys

I don't understand this "grind" comment or that he's getting burned out. Did he not know that D1 lacrosse is a full-time job? My son has had dozens of coaches tell him that (some D1 just being transparent, some D3 convincing him to go D3, and his club coaches).

You HAVE to love the sport and love the work to do D1.