Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another disappointment at Under Armour. Neither the Command or Highlight division made it into the playoffs. Once again, this is what happens when a team is picked due favors. A real shame.

Very true. Isn't it obvious based on the results that the process needs to change on Long Island.

I agree with this. Too many selections based upon the name of the player and or the helmet worn and not the number on the jersey at these tryouts. Its evident that some selections are made based upon reputation before going into tryouts and or season. For the younger players a lot has to do with which club coaches/evaluators are at the tryouts. Seen it way too many times where a particular player who is a good player has a bad tryout but is still selected. This has happened way too often and people seem ok to defend the selection based upon previous performances and not the performance at the tryout. Then why have the tryout! Wouldnt it be great to have tryouts with helmets with no markings and neutral/unbiased evaluators. Never would happen but hey a person can dream.

The senior games are a whole other issue. The players are all good but again for a number of players the selection to this team is based upon reputation. Many of these players were bigger and stronger at a young age and also more skilled because of it. Some of these players like a few from Long Island have had the luck to play on strong teams club and had great coaching at a young age. They also happen to play at very good high schools like Chaminade/91 etc. Please dont get me wrong these players are skilled but they are surrounded by 17 to 18 very good players. This makes it hard to beat these teams. Now at an event like Under Armour where it is a team event but individual play makes a big difference the so called chosen ones were exposed.

So much for All American or player of the year accolades.

Wow! You basically read my mind. I have been thinking about this a lot. Why do Long Island teams always underperform at UA? Tryouts are Just a money grab, Many of the best kids don’t even try out anymore. I also agree with your assessment of the senior game. How does the supposed “best’ player on LI as proclaimed by Newsday not even get one point??? Wait till these kids get to college, most will never be heard about again. What’s sad is how all we here about is “growing the game” alll lies!

More of the same from the small minded jealous bitter haters.

"Most will never be heard from again" not only are you a cowardly little man you are ignorant as well.

The IL / UA Track Record is pretty impressive . They get it right way more than they get it wrong. The selection process is far less political than the US Lacrosse AA selection process here on the island.

There were 17 First Team NCAA Division I All-Americans this year, 10 of them were Under Armour All-Americans as Seniors.
We will definitely hear a lot more from the 44 boys selected to this years team.

UA is by far the most selective award a HS player can receive .

Keep hating and wishing for young men to fail you bloody coward.

Haha, you lost....went home a LOSER. And are out about 500$ bucks. I can think of a lot of ways to better spend that money. You can try to come back at me, but all I know is that my kid is committed to a great school, and only plays with his HS team now. Never did UA and never will!

The $1,000,000 question is if a STUD laxer doesn't bother with UA underclass do they get blackballed from consideration into UA senior game?