Originally Posted by Anonymous
Power league this year will have GC, Manhasset, CSH, F'Dale, Pequa, Port W, Syo, South Side and Wantagh. Kudos to the coaches for making this happen. It should be a lot of good competitive lacrosse. It's better for these teams and better for the weaker programs.

Thanks for the fantasy. It’s not real, your East Meadow Jets not making playoffs. Sorry mom

Power League is 100% real. Teams will re-rank for ABCD playoffs; East Meadow could make a run after playing a schedule that actually makes sense for them and any other team in their shoes. Solid for lacrosse....imagine football did the same?

Check out blaxeight. Schedules starting to be downloaded and it's clear there will be a power conference and you can see who's in it. Look, East Meadow may not make the playoff or they may make it and lose big to a top team in the first round but they will now play a regular season against similar teams. The only people who might be anti-power conference are those of strong team who like beating up on weaker teams 20-0. Otherwise it's a home run.

Yes, every team wants to play a brutal schedule week in and week out. Just look at the NCAA, exactly what they do. Georgia never plays weaker opponents in football. Thanks for your insight, just an FYI, little league baseball is the farthest athletic accomplishment you ever had. Go Jets!

What a hammerhead. Advocating for half the games against teams that don't have real programs so you can win by 20 and puff your chest at the water cooler rather than competitive games throughout. And relax with the "brutal schedule", these kids are in high school they will be fine. I don't see the logic in your little league baseball comment when I am advocating for good competition throughout and you are advocating for playing against teams that have weak programs. I think what you are saying is it's better to play weak competition throughout the season so little Johnny is "fresh" for the postseason. Honestly, that's pathetic. Glad the coaches of the top programs have come around to my "little league baseball" thinking rather than your "big time college" way of doing things.

Well thanks for proving my point little league hero, all the big time programs schedule weak opponents in an effort to rest their players from the grind of the season. Let’s be clear, GC, Manhasset, Wantagh etc don’t need to puff anything anywhere, but your EM Jets do. Go Jets!