Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just read an online article about a top “2025”player for his position. I’m blown away by the arrogance and absent mindedness of a kid who says he repeated 10th grade and now he’s #1 in his class. I’m typically not sour grapes about kids who reclass but I’ve never seen one so outspoken about his actions. Does he realize he took away the dream of an on age kid who worked just as hard? Was he going to reclass again if he wasn’t #1?

Would you rather he hide it? The reclass families I know are open and honest about it. They see it as equivalent to hiring tutors for their kids to boost their grades. If he switched from 2024 to 2025 then he opened up an opportunity for another 2024 kid.

Hiring a tutor to boost grades is the equivalent of hiring a lacrosse coach to to help you with one on one instruction. But if that helps families justify it then so be it. I guess my point isn’t that he should be quiet about repeating a grade but rather more humble and realize it took competing against younger kids to achieve the accolades.