[quote=Anonymous]I feel bad for all those poor non lacrosse kids who are never going to get into those great schools that the holdbacks get to go to exclusively. Why even bother studying to get good marks or playing sports with the kids you grow up with. Shame on those schools for preaching that anybody can get into the best schools. I think when my kids get home today from their first day of school I am going to break the news to them that I am going to move them back to the grade they just finished because their hard work and 95 average is unfortunately only get them to community college. I wonder how they will take it.[/quote

Ummm, this is a lacrosse forum and we are discussing recruiting as far as lacrosse/sports go. Everyone knows academics is the #1 factor! But, it’s true, some Doors do get opened up to schools that may not have been otherwise a remote chance of getting into with a 95. With the sports card at play, Playing high level in a sport can absolutely help get you into a top school, that you would not otherwise have had a chance at! High grades and all! That’s why you see all the craziness around this. Money and grades are not a guarantee, into that dream school. Or, half these people on here would just buy there way in. That’s why you do see the holdback scenario more. Helps with getting grades up, and extra year getting better in the sport!

It’s high stakes, as meaning getting into that “dream school” . It’s just an extra card in your deck in the recruiting process. Academics is obviously the ace.