Regarding the Brine National Lacrosse Classic;

2400 players from all over the country and Canada came to play.

My son was on the Long Island 2021-22 Team and the players on that team should be congratulated for attending the tryouts and going through the selection process to make the team that represented Long Island.
The boys played hard and lost to Virginia in one of the semi final games. Virginia then lost to a team from Carolina, which was comprised mostly of players from Team Carolina, that plays in the AA brackets. Carolina was the best team in this age group.

Now, back to the "talent".

Where were the boys with "more " talent?

Where the best boys?

Coaches know when this event is each year , so why schedule other events the same time as tryouts or events the week of the tournament, t prevent their players from trying out?

Were they forbidden to tryout by their club or school teams?

Was there a lack of interest playing for the Long Island Team?

If you took the top 25 boys ( my son probably wouldn't make that team and I'm ok with that) from Nassau or Suffolk, or a combo of them, no team in this division at that tournament would come close to beating that team!

Bottom line is, the team is picked from the boys who ATTEND the tryouts and the ones who wear the Long Island jerseys should be applauded, not criticized.

My son played hard, had fun and will tryout next year!