Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah I'm sure lax brings in the big bucks with all of ten people in the stands!

The bottom line is, if my kid did not play lax growing up, he would have still entered college, afterward been gainfully employed in a career field in which he invested. Did lax keep him busy and learn teamwork, etc.? Yes. But, in the end, my son grew tired of the sport; at one point, he resented it. He stopped playing after his Freshman year in college, luckily he maintained his grades and transferred to a college specializing in a career field he was initially interested in, that did not offer lacrosse. The school he went to, is in a state where he remained. The sounding area of the school had plenty of hobbies to do in his downtime, and isn't cold in the winter. Finally, the amount of money spent on travel lax and all the add ons, isn't worth it in the end. It's easy to get caught up in all the running around, extra workouts, clinics, traveling out of state. Just remember, it is a business, and there are adult men/women making an excellent living off of our hard-earned money on a dead-end sport.

Everyone’s experience is different, plenty of kids do not stop playing, I know many who are still playing in there 50’s 60’s traveling to tournaments all over the country, from Florida, Vail, Lake Placid, Ocean City, Newport, Hawaii etc…

Many kids currently at great schools who continue to play and love the sport and will have great careers in whatever they choose to do after they graduate and will have many friends for life and will continue to play for decades to come.

Just saying, I have not seen any 50-60-year-old lacrosse men's leagues compared to; Baseball, softball, basketball, tennis, golf, football, even hockey. At work, I participate in a 50 and over league playing basketball at the Chelsea Piers during the weeknights.
The lock on the door is only as good as the door frame. The same principle applies to the great schools.