Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HS coaches and AD's please put together competitive groups based on ability not size to play regular season lacrosse next year. I can't take another year of 10 to 15 point wins with the starters sitting on the bench by halftime. For playoffs you can go back to enrollment and win the coveted title. The power schools will always be dominant and the bottom schools just cant hang. For those braggarts who say just get better, it will never happen. Those non competitive towns have no feeder programs and can barely field teams. If the current system continues I fear schools will drop lacrosse altogether. I've seen on here that the girls do it differently, maybe that system works? Our schedule this year had one or two competitive conference games. Our school doesn't really travel for non-conference games so we're forced to endure boring lopsided wins.

I hear you….and I’ve thought the same as you for a long time.

Let me pose this question to you though.
If you build a power conference model, the goal is going to be comparable competition in every game. Theoretically, every game should be close, right? So, when do the kids who aren’t starters, that sit the bench for the entirety of close games….when do they get to play?

I’m not trying to go against you….I’m trying to think of all athletes here.

That being said, there needs to be some sort of balance between enrollment and competition level…..

I had some thoughts on how this could be done. Now bear with me but what if it was similar to English Premiere League soccer where the bottom 2 or 3 teams are "relegated" to a lower division and the top 2 or 3 teams are moved up to a better division every year. So schools with smaller enrollment but great teams could move up into a more competitive division and bigger schools with less competitive teams could play meaningful games. Could make every game count as no one would want to get "relegated".