Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best kid on WI is the Sr pole, but he can only cover one of the many offensive threats on SW. WI Goalie is good, but SW fogo is much better. WI goalie has a big tell, shoot low, bounce at his heels, fake low, and get in his head low. WI has some other good players to look out for 5, 12 and 42 will be fun to watch, but SW has few liabilities. WI shoot when you get the chance. Wonder if Smithtown will want retribution from WI scoring late in the football playoffs, if so, score could get out of hand. Smithtown West by 7.

This segways into the better game to me, the grudge match. Ward Melville vs Northport. If weather is a factor Id have to take Northport, they are a more rough and tumble bunch. Ward Melville will say they have a blue collar mentality but not compared to Northport. I think the game comes down to WM goalie and how the Northport’s defense plays and what they are allowed to get away with. I still say it comes down to the smoother team, Ward Melville by 2.

Some complaints.
$10 entrance fee (if AD didnt get you on the list)
Todays games should be played at a neutral site
That Neutral site shouldnt be at Lax-fest either, having next Weds at Farmingdale is a disgrace
Adults have a funny way of getting in the way of things.

Close, Melville by 3 and WI has no chance. All is right in Section XI again.