Originally Posted by Anonymous
wow was there actually a hazing incident involving a lacrosse team? I dont agree with it at the HS level but walking home in underwear sounds pretty tame to me, google mepham football team if you want to see something disgusting. I played college hockey and if i told you the stories of hazing you might just cry.

Hazing?!? Friend it was the coach who made the boys leave the locker room on their underwear because they played poorly! The DAD's condoned it because they didn't want the HC to leave. They sat on their hands silently and let their boys be humiliated by the lacrosse community.

Nope. Players wore special uniforms that day (during break) and were aware that they had to be turned in after the game. Some players wore their uniforms from home to the school and neglected to bring a change of clothes.

Partially correct statement as to what happened last year SYO/St. Ant game, this is what I know from my son who was on the team

It was the last game they could wear these uni's as they were not compliant for league play. Coach told them at practice day before he would be collecting uni's. Like normal 16-18 y/o boys some forgot to bring a change of clothes. If the team had won Coach would still have collected the unis and all facts the same he would still have gotten into trouble.
Game was during break so some boys wore them to school and got right on bus with no change of clothing.
The boys wore uni's off the bus at SHS.
Coach collected uni's in locker room and offered those who did not have a change sweats to wear
Most of the boys had a change of clothes. Some boys like normal 16-18 y/o boys, including some of the top players on the team, thought it would be funny or not a big deal to run to their cars in their compression shorts.
SHS staff member filed complaint which got Coach in trouble.
Coach was reinstated after community came out in support at BoA meeting.

Now that does not mean I support coach in other aspects and if my son and told me another story ( ie: he made them walk off the bus as punishment) other than what is laid out above I would not have supported him. My son not a starter so he had no skin in the game if coach stayed or went so reason to lie.