September 1 is approaching. Let’s just hope that every kid is able to use lacrosse to get into the best college possible that is a good fit. For those younger ones who want to play d1 get on a travel team that your kid will get on the field and has a history of kids getting recruited. There are about five or six club programs on Long Island that together account for over 90 percent of the d1 recruits for the past two years. Those clubs also have had the most success with d2 and D3. All kids should be going to as many showcases and prospect camps as they can. The calls on September 1 will start as early as midnight for many. Parents check your emails, texts and cell phones too. My older guy got some texts and calls on my cell phone for some reason. The calls will also come all day Sept 1 for some and in the days following September 1. So keep checking those texts, emails and missed calls. Make sure your contact info is up to date with all the colleges questionnaires. One last thing. Give every college who calls a chance. I’ve heard way too many stories of people who at the end committed to a program they thought they would never commit to over their first choice when September 1 came around. Keep an open mind. Good luck to all.