Originally Posted by Anonymous

If you had a committed kid, you might understand why they don't want to tryout. Because its all rigged. Why go out and score 5 goals and get over looked. Some kid whose not even as good gets pushed through. The kids all know. Same $hit with Brine and UA, all predetermined for the most part. Will some make it through? Very few.

This is so very true for Nassau/Suffolk game and UA tryout. Watched my kid play in his 3 UA games tonight 27 min each. In that time there were a few kids that just stood out. So of the 3 teams his team played I would say 6 or 7 studs. Most were midfield players. They got the most runs and opportunities. I really felt bad for our defense and goalies because our face off guy was really good and barely lost a draw. Play was in the offensive zone most of the games. There were some players who I saw play that did absolutely nothing in their games. I know them well and they have been committed for a while that will 100% get picked. Yet in the time I watched them play they did nothing better or worse than any other good player on the field. It's a shame because there are some very talented players that performed just as good or better than a number of the kids that will be picked for the UA team. Its too bad that half the kids doing the evaluating were just [lacrosse] on the sidelines rather than watching the games. MC and Lynott were even better to watch. Lol

The same thing happens in other regions for UA. Look at coaches and look at roster. South Region over half the players are in one way or another affiliated with coaches ( HS or Club) , not that they arent good players. Just that there are just as good if not better players who did better at tryout games.. Teams are predetermined with a few openings. Most of the time you are trying out for 5-8 openings in my opinion. The rest is picked ahead of time.
One team had no face off guy while others had two or three? The attack with no faceoff guy had limited action every game. Of course D, Defensive minded Middies and Goalie got lots of action. When UA sees a glaring mistake on a team, why dont rectify it??

The timing of the event needs to be changed. This year and last during Nassau and Suffolk high school awards dinner.