Originally Posted by Anonymous
No question Ward Melville has been the top, most consistent program in Suffolk for the last 40 years. The list of years they did not win Suffolk is a lot shorter than the list of times they did win it. Garden City in Nassau the same is true and going back even further, 50 years. Manhasset a close 2nd and then the rest with probably CSH 3rd and either Massapequa or Syosset after that. I really don't think there is even another name worthy of being thrown into the conversation though someone from Farmingdale may think otherwise.

Not really accurate at all... While GC won a County and Long Island Championship in 1963 they had a long drought with no Championships up until 1985. Ward Melville won their first County and Long Island Championship in 1974 and have been extremely consistent with the exception of a stretch from 2001 - 2012 when they had no County Championships (I believe WM was in the championship game just about every year during that stretch). So it looks like WM has been the top dog for close to 50 years while GC close to 40 years (Nassau probably had more competition during the early years)

Garden City has been dominant since 85. It looks like WM has been dominant since 74.

Garden City has 23 Nassau County Championships, 17 Long Island Championships and 7 State Championships.

Ward Melville has 27 Suffolk County Championships, 18 Long Island Championships and 10 State Championships.

I would think that Manhasset would be the next up in Nassau but not sure any schools are even close to WM and GC. Farmindale has their fair share of Nassau County Titles but they have not done much beyond that... 2 Long Island Championships and 1 State Championship.