Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade was the better team yesterday, great talent, but to say the last 3 goals were irrelevant is wrong. you dominated first half only. Pequa needs help on offense.[/quote)

If these exact teams played 10X. Chaminade would win 10X. Like I said, I am no fan of Chaminade. The game was not close.

Maybe for the next one Pequa can borrow one Chaminade’s red, gold or white midfield lines.

Anybody who has a 2018er and played club, knows the talent that is there this year. It is unmatched, just a special year for the red and gold and they play well together.

I would say many 2018 players and parents would disagree. There is talent in that age group but probably less than other years. In all honesty this particular senior class has garnered some great accolades but mostly at a younger age. A lot of lax daddies and coaches pulling favors for those early commitments. Sme of those players that had been anointed as the best players in 7th and and 8th grade have not been that impressive. There are a few factors that early commitments especially 8th/9th graders face. Do they grow, do they stay healthy, and do they continue to improve their game. For some of these players size is an issue, for others their health. The other thing is skill. Many of these kids were ahead of other players skill wise at a young age, so they looked dominant. As the years have passed the gap in skill level has been closed and on some cases they have been overtaken. Yet now you take a very good group of players who all happen to play on the same team at Chaminade since 9th grade. Yes they look good how could they not with the talent they have. Yet as individuals they are not as good as many want you to believe. They do not have anywhere near the individual talent other teams have had.