Ah, that great 1st middie line that never got a shot off in the last minute, that got stripped and cost you the game against hills east? That line? Sorry, my kids on Whitman and we get the game film and saw it play out. The strip was bad enough but you could have knocked the kid out of bounds instead of stick checking and giving up a fast break and a shot that was less than 10 yards out. But yeah, that is partially the coaches fault. Sports 101. Hold the ball for the last shot or go into overtime. You should have won that game.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
You seem to know a heck of a lot about them so i would [ChillLaxin] you are from the town. So what do you think if this year's squad, strengths and weaknesses and where they could possibly go? Can they make the playoffs and get past round one? Granted last year they ran into Ward Melville in Round 2 and if i remember, for at least a half they were in the game.

But curious if you can break down this years team and any and all potential?

Looks like the Northport coach blew another game, it’s been happening for years. Most disliked coach in the town

Northport has an unbelievable youth program. More than 600 kids every year. Their JV teams (yes they have 2 JV Teams) usually go undefeated or only lose 1 or 2 games per season.

This year Northport has 3 kids starting for Michigan, 1 for Maryland, 1 for North Carolina, 1 for Binghamton, 1 for Monmouth, many D3 and JC players including the top scorers at NCC and at Navy Prep and they can't do more than win a 1st round playoff game with this coach. Crazy right. Hopefully the new AD sees all this and get's rid of him and promotes the JV1 Coach, who played at SBU with in the last 10 years.

This year's team is very good. Good Goalie Committed to Wingate, 3 or 4 good Defense men, 1st line Mids are very good and are Juniors - 2 Mid Line is good and are Sophs. D-poles are good. Att 1 senior 1 jr 1 soph are Ok but expect most of the offensive to be run through the Mids. FOGO - very good.

Typical NPT Team, solid will make the playoffs win 1st yound and then lose to the better coached teams.