Originally Posted by Anonymous
My older guy is a 2021 and still 17. He is playing for a top division one college program. Had we known that holding back was so common we may have considered it. Probably would not have done it but that is easy to say now that we know the great results he had not holding back. You do what is best for your kid. Holding back has advantages and disadvantages. Clearly many are doing it as my son is by far the youngest of the entering players on his college team. He is also already younger than the 2022 commits. It is the way it is. If your kid not going to hold back or reclass that is probably better for the kid in other ways. You made a great choice not holding back. However never complain about hold backs either. It is not good for your kid to hear any of those complaints from a parent for many reasons. One is you never want to give a built in excuse for not succeeding. Do as you choose to do and don’t complain.

You really had no idea holdbacks was very common? Seriously? How long have you been involved in lacrosse?

I think I am going to hold my son back 2 years and then kick up a loud enough stink that they will let him play with the girls. He should dominate.

Not the point! It’s being done everywhere and question is … does it give kids an advantage and more opportunity to get to the top schools?

I could go rob little old ladies at ATMS as well. It would give my kids an advantage because I would be able to pay for the most expensive and best schools in the world. But I don't because I have something called integrity. Google it.

Dopey response! Robbing little old ladies is illegal. Google illegal! Also, google what lacrosse players are currently being recruited into the top schools. They didn’t do anything illegal by staying back a year! But, they are getting into the best schools! So, do you think this Is this immoral?

Keep making excuses for little johnny who can't make it on his own amongst his peers. Hold him back 10 times until he is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!