Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say

I’m curious, St A’s bench player dad, when you say, no other teams on LI can compete with these two teams… what other top LI teams have you actually seen play this year, to make a statement like that, since no team has played more than two games at this point and some teams have played zero games. Hmmm. So you make that statement with absolutely zero knowledge to back it up. Good thing for you this is an anonymous website or you’d be looking like a real troll right now.
Knowledge is that St A and Chaminade are historically loaded teams that pull from a wider talent pool than any team you may think has a shot at beating them and knowledge of club lacrosse on LI would also be enough to know that, yes some schools have talent players but none have as many as Chaminade or St Anthonys. Not original poster.

Do the Catholics have a share of the prime 2023 and 2024 club team talent? Of course they do. But they don’t have all of it. A large percentage of these top players play for their HS teams. There are about a half dozen HS teams that have 8-10 D1 commits. Anyone of those teams can compete with either catholic school. Do they have the depth of the Catholics? Of course not. But depth doesn’t win games. Players that actually play win games. Depth means nothing unless there are injuries. Assuming all teams are at full strength, the Catholics have all they can handle right here on the island.

Please explain in depth how "depth doesn't win games" ? Basic question if I run two equally talented midfield lines I wont be fresher in the 4th quarter.