Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hope everyone enjoyed another predetermined LI Lacrosse Showcase. Maybe next year it should be invite only and save us the 2 hours. Oh wait, than they couldn't take our money and give us a $5.00 pinny. Don't tell me it's not a dog and pony show since i know for a fact undeserving and kids that weren't even there got pushed through. It's all about the kids right??
The numbers were light compared to previous years. Has the luster worn off this event? Shame because my older ones enjoyed it. I do understand how the selections could irk some people.

There are 3 kids picked on 2024 that didnt even play this year for their varsity lol. [Censored] time only. Meanwhile kids that did play, on the same team, that started ahead of them. Just another youth lacrosse $$$ grab.

Modern medicine is unreal. Yesterday, I watched a player running up and down the field, last week he was so hobbled he couldn't try out. Gosh I hope he's ok to get undeservedly pushed into the next round. Great job NCLCA
Disappointing to see what this event has turned into. Laughable to call it a showcase, when the best players don't advance year after year. It seems whomever has the most connections to their club coaches get put through. The "evaluators" don't even watch the players during the event. I'd love to hear from at least one hs coach who can say it's not predetermined.

What best players? Dude just because your son didn’t make it hardly makes him the “best player” maybe, just maybe you’re a bit biased. Truth is….best players did make it, just not yours. Facts