This is regarding the discussion regarding FOGOs. I believe many people base the importance of a FOGO on youth lacrosse. In the youth game a great FOGO can 100% change the outcome of the game. Most FOGOs are great athletes and at a young age they can dominate the game. They face off and play a large percentage of the game as a middy. As teams get better and as players mature a great FOGO gets the possessions but thats it. Usually coaches want to preserve their FOGO so that is why a vast majority are Face Off Get Off. Being a FOGO is one of the most physically and mentally demanding positions on the field. Thats why it is so rare to find a FOGO that takes every face off and plays a lot at an elite level. There are exceptions to the rule. Yet I dont feel as if a FOGO is the most important player on the filed. You can neutralize a FOGO with a great pole at the face off X. Once they get the ball they get rid of it. Yes there are some FOGOs that will go to net and score but again one adjustment by the other team dropping a wing man to the bottom of the defensive side to prevent the break. You cant neutralize a goalie. A goalie has to be able to save the ball. If a FOGO doesnt win his face off there are the midfielders and the defense that the other team needs to get through before they can actually score. If a goalie doesn't do his job its a goal. Give me a team that has a great FOGO and a bad goalie and you will see them lose more than they win. Take a team with a horrible FOGO and a great goalie they probably win more than they lose. I will use the the St. Ignatius game vs Chaminade as an example. St. Ignatius lost almost every face off but won the game. If the faceoff was the determining factor Chaminade should have won by a lot.