Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.
A lot of the coaches/clubs involved with the AS are pushing it! They want it to succeed, they want to give UA (which has become a joke) a run. Yes, the cost is outrageous (in my opinion), but if they are truthful with how they are marketing it in regards to evaluators - I hope they succeed! Listening to the constant "UA is the best", "only the best play for UA" is becoming commical.

What has always been comical is the number of delusional parents who have an over inflated opinion of their daughters abilities.

There are always a handful of players who could be selected but for whatever reason they are not (there are only so many spots).

Under Armours track record has been excellent in the past. We will not know how they did the past couple of years until we see where these players end up going to school and how they perform at the college level.

Bottom line, the parents whose kids make it - think they are the "best" and the parents kids who don't make it - thinks it's rigged. Go figure