Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%
Very hard to make the top team at YJ. Looking at the past decade the top 15 girls on the A team (blue)go on to play at top 10 programs. The Gold or B team sends most kids to lower D1 schools like Holy Cross, Hofstra and Binghamton. The C team sends girls to low D1, D2 and D3 schools. If your daughter wants to play lacrosse in college there is a school for her. Playing on YJ it gets them exposed along with other programs, but the most beneficial part is the friends them make and the fun times and memories they create. Getting to Maryland or UNC isn’t everyone’s goal but that don’t mean you can’t have fun. And play club ball. YJ offers a ream for all levels of skill. Yea it’s a business but a good one.