Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, maybe if M&D hadn't subbed in that game the score would have been different...but either way, if we hadn't subbed in that game I doubt very much our girls would have been able to go on to beat an excellent Suffolk team, Top Guns, and likely the best 2017 team in M&D Black in back to back to back games in 90 degree heat.

Gotta sub.
Did the Yellow Jackets over-sub the other two times 2016 Black beat them?

C'mon...the Yellow Jackets "went home early" not because they oversubbed, but because two outstanding teams played each other in the first round and one of them won by two goals.

These teams have played twice before with similar results.

Anyway, Defo is an excellent team...look forward to playing them again. I am sure M&D will continue to sub their 22 players in all of the games, as they always do.

Never said results would have been different; simply stated not the norm. "YJ" philosophy used to be go with your best in big games for as long as possible. Maybe that is chaninging we now have two "blue" and two "gold" teams, whats next? I'm sure all 22 players on every "M&D" team played 12 min a piece in all of there respective playoff games. Your an excellent and as always we look forward to the future matchups.

Look at what the CR coached. 2018 team did. Not a single sub, so is there a yj philosophy shift? Not so sure

Any body who says they don't care abouting winning is liar, so good for coach Rose; i am assuming she thought she was doing the correct thing. All of her team did get equal playing time over the entire course of the tournament. Maybe some players are a little more seasoned at the point and did what was right for the team, she got them to the finals against a very good M&D team and not many teams get to expierence that. Maybe 2016 Blue "Defoe" and and 2017 Blue "Bert" should have followed suit and wouldn't have had early exits.