Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anybody else surprised to see our YJ girls teams not "playing up " at Shamrock? The rules clearly state that travel teams must play up an age. I see strong town teams playing up and other travel teams playing up but not YJ. What am I missing?
Caoch os afraid to face the TG 2019 team.

The teams the YJ have entered are a mix of ages 2021-2019 and various teams within each age so I would not take too much out of this tournament. Afraid of TG 2019 , please ask your coach if they were aasked to play or at least scrimage last season and what his response was. Also TG is not even putting teams in,yes some various superstar splinter groups have formed but of course only those kids judged worthy by some crazy over involved dad have been invited.Last year when the team was mostly YJ 2019 blue they played in middle school division, I guess this year with some 2021 kids they feel ^th grade is appropriate, although I agree as a travel team they should play up at least 1 year.

are you saying the 2019 team is playing with 3 school age groups? What is the point of that? not enough girls ? I'm a little confused. Is it supposed to average out?