Originally Posted by Anonymous

My daughter plays on this team. She has never heard either coach tell her or her team to play dirty. I go to every game and every practice and have never heard either coach encourage this. Some players play aggressively and that is them. The coaches own daughters do not play dirty. In fact I do not think they have ever gotten a yellow card from rough play.

Thanks for the response. My kids have been on teams where a few kids play dirty while the rest do not, so what you say is reasonable to a point. I'm trying to remember what the various coaches did about these kids and honestly I'm drawing a blank. Does your coach get annoyed with the kids when they cause fouls/get carded for their overly aggressive play? Or does he look the other way?

I haven't seen YJ Blue LM play often enough to say whether the hand-checking/butt-sticking style of play is done by the few or the many. I will say that across club lines on the sidelines this team has a bad reputation for dirty play, whether earned by one, two or most. That's what I think is troubling all of us here and that's why this team specifically is under attack. Everyone just wants a relatively clean game with relatively fair reffing. We all know lax is a physical game, no one wants some powderpuff BS game, just one without dangerous play. YJ Blue LM is certainly skilled enough to win games without resorting to cheap shots.