Originally Posted by Anonymous
You all play on the same team and your kids enjoy each other ,drop it already ,either shut your mouths and accept that people make mistakes or move on and join another club.Everyone knows there are too many kids on each team if some parent wants to put together a team to play at a tournament so be it. If my kid was not asked and really wanted to play have the courage to ask or put your own team in,stop whining

Sorry, it's not that simple. First, let me say, I do not even know if this happened or not. However, if the coach of one of the Yellow Jackets teams, during an off weekend, hand selected a team of players---from within his own Yellow Jackets team---to participate in a tournament, without extending an invitation to the entire team, that is a fireable offense.

That is a completely divisive thing to do, violates the very notion of being the head coach of a team by demonstrating outright favoritism and goes well beyond merely the appearance of a conflict of interest...he has an obligation to devote his coaching resources to the ENTIRE team, not just his top players.

Again, I do not even know if this happened, and frankly, I find it hard to believe that it did. But if it did, any organization with an ounce of organizational integrity would immediately recognize that a coach that did such a thing violated his duty and broke his trust with the rest of the team members and their parents. I cannot even imagine a planet that exists wherein the coach of my daughter's team would pull such a brazen and ill-advised stunt.

I'll say it one more time---this may not have even happened. But if it did, an apology is irrelevant. He divided his team, demonstrated favoritism, and used incredibly poor judgment. This is not an issue of playing time, the issue here is one of coaching resources...he allegedly offered some of the paying members of the team the additional opportunity for practice, play, and instruction, but not the rest of the team.

If it's true, it is indefensible and time for a new coach.

Or a new team.

First of all it is a fact!2016 Blue "DEFOE" has been doing it for years. I agree with you if a team is searching out addiitional tournaments there is absolutley nothing wrong with that! Now; I also believe the offer should be extended to the entire team. The problem here is NOTcoach Defoe this all spearheaded by one parent and NOT coach Defoe. She is very selfish woman and wants her child only playing with "high caliber" type players.
It seems to me the only people that are surprised that there is favoritism and a hierarchy within the Y.J. are Y.J. parents and players. Wake up . your kids are being used for dollars to support the chosen few. You all think that C.R. or the Y.J. are going to help your daughter , there not unless your one of the chosen