Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was at the U-15 and for those who were not let me say this. Every team took cards. red or yellow, the refs were giving them out like candy. To the parent that said that there are cards in every game, that is a overstatement. My daughters team has gone entire tournaments and her team never received a yellow or red. Our team held a team meeting after the mandatory coaches meeting where we were told that U.S. Lacrosse stated that the refs will be calling very tight, and any contact to the head would receive a red. if any team coaches did not inform there players of this it is then the coaches fault. The truth is that Sky Walkers is just that good of a team. (get ready to ban me again) As far as the Yellow Jacket 1 team goes, There Thugish intimidation tactics both on and off the field didn't work. Just prior to the Sky Walker game the Jackets walked past the Sky Walkers team, That was just sitting in the shade, screaming like a bunch of idiots, in a feeble attempt to intimidate. The coaches should be embarrassed of themselves for allowing it. Sky Walkers held on to there dignity and didn't respond, and proceeded to out play you. Blame the refs and the cards if you want, but the truth is you lost your composure, the proof is in the fact that one of your girls took a card for mouthing off to the ref. Team 2 at least had a semblance of class.

I believe this account. I've seen several other of the YJ's younger teams, and the girls (and parents) behave like animals.

Well said and entirely believable. Case in point concerning sportsmanship...watch the all tournament team awards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90zl6---iM. You will see the Top Guns and Skywalkers cheering for each other. You will also see the YJs not even clapping for any other award winners. The fact is they and their parents are poor sportsman...enough said.