Originally Posted by Anonymous
i just want to add that yellow jackets have won the U-15s for the past two years which were all with modified checking, so no one should be complaining that they are only taught to check

Why can't all summer (and HS games for that matter) be played with modified checking rules and stringent 3 second or 2 second rule on a "checkable" stick? Wouldnt that in many cases eliminate many of the uncontrollable stick checks around the head? Granted the defense would be at a disadvantage but the game would have fewer whistles (especially during transition) and girls would be able to play the game without fear of getting a head shot. All of this aggressive play is going to lead to
helmets for the girls and if I want to see body checking and swinging sticks then I can go watch a boys game for my fix.

I believe you are incorrect the U15 championship is full checking , using modified checking is ridiculous at the older age groups, would be impossible to play defense, hard enough as is.Give them some form of helmet , increase the penalty for stick to head contact ie. remove offending player for rest of game,3 minutes man down.

That sounds reasonable except it will only promote more of the acting that is already ruining the game! I don't think I can stomache watching more girls grab their head when the stick isn't near them! If you do that you will need to start hiring drama coaches for every coaching staff!

It is modified checking at U -15!!

I meant the past three years have been modified checking