Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every single girl who wants to play club can so why is it hard to believe there are some good players who don't.

There are some ok players. Just not the very good ones. It is true for every other sport as well. It is my experience that the girls who don't play "club" in a sport, whether it's AAU, Soccer, Club volleyball, or whatever, just aren't as good. I am sure (because I have kids that play some of these other sports) that the vast majority of the good players in those sports play club level. Same w swimming, hockey and really any other sport except football, where it doesn't exist.

So you can keep saying that there are good players not playing club in a sport, and I will agree that there a some decent players, but they are generally not good enough to be impact players. They can be decent roll players. A good defender in lax for instance, but not likely a very skilled attack. I dare you to show me a really dominant soccer, basketball, or volleyball player that doesn't play club. I say again, why is lax supposed to be different? The days are gone when lax was the sport where the good athlete would pick up the game as a sophomore in HS and become a great player.

If your daughter is really good enough to impact the team, she will get the ball. Chances are she just isn't and that is why the ball is not in her stick often. Not some club conspiracy. My daughter's HS team has a non-club player who has decent stick skills and she's a strong athlete. Captain in two other sports. She gets the ball and contributes quite a bit. No club conspiracy. If a girl is good enough, she will play and be an integral part of the team. If not, she can decide to play more and practice more or stop whining.

And nowhere did I say all club players are good. Just not many non-club players are good.