Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I just want to say something good on this thread. Everyone seems to complain about CR or something else. My daughter is currently enrolled in the hornets program so maybe my feet aren't wet enough yet but I will say this. Thank you CR and the directors for a great experience for my daughter. It was like pulling teeth to convince her to go the first week and now she won't put her stick down. The young girls coaching this program have not only taught them to play lacrosse but it can be fun. I can only hope these coaches will soon follow these girls through bc I know there are two young coaches who have given my daughter the lax bug and we are so happy with the money we spent even though many said to stay away

If you were happy with the money you spent on Hornets your going to be thrilled with the amount of money you get to spend on YJ.

I never believed the stories about how $$$$$ hungry CR was until I went to the YJ tournament they hosted. The fact that they charge people to go in (even if some or all of the $'s) go to charity or not, that is the example of GREED! NO other tournament (even the ones where $'s go to charity) charge people to get in at the door. My 85 year old parents were coming to watch my daughter play for 20 minutes as they cant stay in the heat that long and they made them pay. Talk about pathetic! Yes, you will have tonds of time to donate all your money to CR and trust me, she will take every dollar you have! It is absolutely disguisting. But enjoy.....

Well if both you and your husband each put aside just ten cents each week during the year you can them afford it...

You make it sound so petty, but take your one kid from any given yellow jacket team each parent giving $.20 per week multiply by 24 kids per team, that's $4.80 per week per team. Multiply by 30 teams now you have $94 per week. Yes it is tiny in comparison of multiplying the typical $3000 per kid x 24 kids x 30 teams, but the point is she has to squeeze every last red cent out of every player/parent and yes grandparent.

If your tha unhappy with the money you have to spend then why don't you leave. The way I see it someone was just posting something nice that they were happy about and you have to bring misery into it. My daughter played yellow jackets for years and quit once she got to college but guess what I spent the money bc it made her happy. If your daughter isn't happy and you certainly sound miserable then go elsewhere. As far as the parent who commented about Hornets..good luck to her I hope she loves it as much as many of the hundreds of other girls have.

Agreed and it is petty because the money goes to several charities not into their pockets.

Said the new owner of the Brooklyn bridge.