Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately it is the lacrosse culture, whether your are from Long Island, Maryland, Virginia, etc. just read the threads. The comments made by individuals are from all over, not one program is excluding from saying offensive comments on this site. Maybe if everyone stops being so cruel and indecent to one any another and we all stop engaging in this blog, we can help change the culture. We are the adults, the role models for pur girls, lets all become better examples. Why not just stop bashing one another, stop attacking opposing programs, opposing players and coaches and just try together to change the reputation in general. No program is exempt for the negative behavior. These are young ladies playing hard and playing a game they love, enjoy it. Watch, cheer, and be positive role models, it is so disheartening to see this happening. Thank goodness my folks never behaved this way, it would have made a game I love into one I dreaded to play.
You correct, Parents from all over the country, from many clubs,. I also agree that we must be role models. BUT... All these parents, from all over the lacrosse world are not here saying anything disparaging against Top Guns, Liberty, Suffolk County All Stars, M&D, Sky Walkers, South Jersey, T3, Cardinal, Or any other club. There all her, Universally, saying the same thing about the Yellow Jackets. The rest of the lacrosse community seems to get along . It's just this one club that continues to believe that all the rest of us are just jealous of them, and refuse to believe that there just wrong. You can fix it, if you just learn that losing is a part of the game and its O.K. if a girl picks up a ground ball without running her over, play good "D" and you'll get it back without sending a girl to the hospital. All the girls want to win, you just don't care if you hurt someone to do it. It may not be taught by your coaches, but you sure don't discourage it . And in the end isn't that the same as teaching it