Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.
A lot of the coaches/clubs involved with the AS are pushing it! They want it to succeed, they want to give UA (which has become a joke) a run. Yes, the cost is outrageous (in my opinion), but if they are truthful with how they are marketing it in regards to evaluators - I hope they succeed! Listening to the constant "UA is the best", "only the best play for UA" is becoming commical.

What has always been comical is the number of delusional parents who have an over inflated opinion of their daughters abilities.

There are always a handful of players who could be selected but for whatever reason they are not (there are only so many spots).

Under Armours track record has been excellent in the past. We will not know how they did the past couple of years until we see where these players end up going to school and how they perform at the college level.

Bottom line, the parents whose kids make it - think they are the "best" and the parents kids who don't make it - thinks it's rigged. Go figure

Not the bottom line at all. How many girls make the team? 24? How many parents bring their daughter to the tryouts believing they are strong enough to make the team? 100+?

Every year there are a relatively small number of legit top tier players left off the roster simply because of roster size. Find the girl that receives multiple offers from some of the top 10-15 programs who does not make the team and you can say she has a legit argument. When there are parents of players who do not receive offers from any of the top programs complaining it’s a little much. There are not 50-100 top tier DI players per grad year on Long Island each year.