Originally Posted by Anonymous

Best post of the year???? Are you new? That's obviously not how it works.

Not how what works? It is how the game of lacrosse works.

So yes, best post of the year. Someone who actually understands the sport and recognizes what makes a player stand out. Nowhere did they say that scoring wasn't important. The end result of everything they stated is to win the game by scoring more goals than the other team:

"contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, setting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot."

We all know girls who's parents stand on the sidelines and yell constantly "GO TO GOAL, GO TO GOAL!"

What a disservice to the girl and the team.

So again ... best post of year ... props!

You misunderstand me. I'm not contesting that those are the attributes that make up a great player. I know they are. We all do. And if the YJ coaches and evaluators picked their teams that way the world would be filled with rainbows and butterflies. Unfortunately, they don't. The strong aggressive girl who scores goals is the one they take. Can you think of a time when the girl with 60 assists and 5 goals gets brought up over the girl with 60 goals and 5 assists? No. It goes the other way. Consistently. So, while I disagree with the process, I'll restate; that's not the way it works.

No, since there has never, in the history of girls lacrosse, been a 5 goal 60 assist kid. Unless you have absolutely no idea how to score an assist, even the best feeders on the most unselfish teams will, at best, have double her goal count in assists...and that's a stretch. Atleast be realistic when trying to make a point.

Clearly you're upset that you're wrong. It's understandable. I would probably post a weak response as well had I been in your situation. I forgive you.