Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a YJ parent and I do not understand the smack talk against Hofstra. As a local Long Islander wouldn't you want our local schools to be successful. I hope that Adelphi, Post, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Joe's, Molly, etc. all have successful programs and success year in and year out.

Why would you root against a local program and local girl and cheer their struggles? Because of your affiliation to a rival girls youth lacrosse program... time to get a grip.

GO HOFSTRA! GO SEAWOLVES! GO POST! GO ADELPHI! GO ST. JOE'S!

Very good response. But, I will add that I think some of the smack talk against Hofstra by YJ folks comes from the Queen Bee herself. Maybe not literally, but sort of by her demeanor. Her method is to put others down to benefit her own brand. That attitude permeates through the club and the next thing you know, everyone of the parents has joined in. And, they couldn't fathom if one of their little bees went to Hofstra. Oh my God!!! It's really a childish and immature attitude.

That's just silly . Is it obvious that CR and the Smiths have a dislike for each other , yes . It's a two way street and both would love to put the other out of business , it's the way the business world works .

Tat's because the parents want to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ or even TG second, third or fourth team for any :

It may be a two way street, but in terms of girls, all the traffic is going in the same direction.

Funny but not really true. You get a lot of TG top players leaving for YJ but you also get the disgruntled lower team players from YJ heading to TG.

That's because the parents need to be able to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ second, third or fourth team to play on a lower caliber "A" team. You can only move your kid so many times before you have to admit that they are not real "A" team players and perhaps being on the YJ "B" was the right spot. That said TG has taken on many YJ 2-3-4 team players along with Beach Bums, Wave, Express and Elevate kids on their "A" team that would have zero chance of making a YJ "A" team - it just doesn't happen! I have never heard of any player leaving any of those clubs to play on YJ "A" team

Where do the YJA players come from then? They are not all products of YJ. Many of the YJ A come from other clubs, especially TG. I know of 2 examples from my daughter's year and I've heard it's common practice.