Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree...when you look at some of the divisions and outcomes you have to scratch your head...and I am NOT talking about conspiracy theories either. 2016 was an example, 2019 had the same with the YJ team in the same division as the Skywalker team that won. Their division game was the best game in the whole age group.

2018 had some questionable brackets as well. M&D Black and Skywalker Blue on same side of bracket. Those two are by far the best teams (minus YJ 2018). When you see so many Purple teams from TG make playoffs and some finals you need to wonder as well...

They do this on purpose for all age groups. Doesn't it make more sense to put the good teams in one division so that they play full games against one another? Doesn't that give you a better feel for who the best team actually is instead of playing a 25 minute playoff game? As a parent of a non-LI team I would much rather drive to NJ to play full games agains YJ, TG, etc then play full games against bad teams and only play 25 min games against you guys. My daughters team was in one of those good divisions and it was great playing all day against quality teams. The finals ended up being a laugher, but that was only 25 minutes of a fun weekend.