Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Playing the game at a high level and coaching/teaching the game are two different things. But saying you played at a big D1 helps get you in.

How was Wayne Gretsky as a coach? A 43% winning percentage, and never better than a 4th place finish.

There are some really good school and parent coaches that know the game and can teach it. Dont get caught up in the D1 hype.

I understand your point about good players not necessarily being good coaches. But, as a hockey fan, Wayne Gretzky was coaching a poor team that was unloading players due to a pending bankruptcy and ownership change.

YYs attract very good players, many of the teams what you have is sub managers, the teams are going to win regardless of who the coach is. Honestly a monkey could do a better job than some of them. TGs is the same thing. Most all the better players come to the table with very good athletic ability and great skills from training, skills camps and self practice. Give the 3rd or forth team coach who is struggling the 1st team blue roster and all of the sudden they look like coach of the year.
I agree, I respect the coach who can "coach up" a team

Like Jones beating Curcio at the National Draw

Ouch