Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Spallina team is very good--we'll see how good after the the tournament. He does not care about the girls though, only about HIM winning. 18-0 the pedal will still be down and there will still be girls on the bench who have not played. If you don't like it, take a hike. FACT. At least he is clear about his intent.

Truth.

Finally - Someone playing your best players and playing to win! Since when is that a bad thing? Oh right... the new snowflake way of life where everyone gets a trophy, everyone gets equal playing time and kids become weak! Playing to win attracts the best players, gives kids something to work hard for and creates strong leaders!

I seem to recall the team trying to play up a grade and getting their buts kicked, And the players doing nothing on the field were either friends or family of the coach. So much for "best' players, lol!!

What about development of young players? I don't see the point in joining an organization who just wants to win.... Teams need to learn to play together! I am not understanding of this mentality of WINNING in third fourth and fifth grade??