Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know 90% on this board have kids in club so that's why everyone gets so defensive, but with my 4th kid going through lax I can tell you for a fact school lacrosse sidelines are the toughest to take of all the HS sidelines. Maybe its because there is a disproportionate amount of lacrosse scholarships offered vs. the other sports. But if you aren't playing club lacrosse you get boxed out. My daughters have played volleyball, soccer and basketball and you just don't see it there as much. If you look at a school game objectively, club girls pass to other club girls and the coaches don't stop it and then the parents get pissy and then other good athletic kids end up quitting. The team sport has evolved into an individual game with the goal of getting recruited. Go ahead and bash because we all know unless you have that fancy backpack you can't catch.

No bashing. Just a couple of questions. Are you saying that some of the best lacrosse players don't play club? I haven't seen that. And in other sports, are you saying the good basketball players don't play AAU or the good soccer players don't play club soccer? They absolutely ALL do. In fact on the good high school basketball teams every single player plays AAU. So maybe that is the issue? Maybe some girls (and their parents) for some reason don't take lax as seriously, and see it as just a sport to go play when their "real" sports aren't in season. Well that sucks. And they don't get to kind of just be ok and get the ball a lot. They wouldn't in those other sports either. I don't know why parents think in lax they should.