Originally Posted by Anonymous

I do not necessarily think girls are being "taught" this style of play. I do however think it becomes an issue when this type of play is condoned and even verging on celebrated in some cases. This is also not just a YJ issue, it's across all teams. If there were consequences when the girls cross the line from aggressive to "thuggish" as many call it, there would not be nearly as many issues. It's the coaches and parents responsibility to address it when play crosses the line.

My daughter goes to school with a girl who is a YJ defender. She plays so dirty all the time that the girls on her own team can't stand her. Historically she has been the player with the most fouls, the most yellow cards and who causes the most injuries. She uses her butt end all the time and loves to swing her stick when beat. Where does this come from - coaching and parenting? Her father is a rah,rah football dad who has no concept of the girl's game and is living though his daughter. At what point does the coach say - enough is enough - you cause too many yellow cards, we have to play a girl down because of you and you are injuring other players including your own teammates. This is all true.

Now the YJ supporters will come on here and say - "your daughter is not tough enough", "teach your own daughter to play harder" or some other BS. My daughter is fine - she is a top D1 recruit and she plays the game the right way.

Some of you YJ parents and coaches should all have to take the Positive Coaching Alliance class on being a Triple Impact Player, A Triple Impact Coach and a Triple Impact Parent. Enough is enough.

Glad to see you are absolving your JV and HS coaches completely free of blame for her style of play. They have complete control over her playing time and participation on the team....
unfortunately our high school coach is a yellowjacket coach and she let this crap go on.