Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Red Hots 2028 appears to be caput.

If I’m a club director/coach, I’d be telling my players, you’re welcome to go play on a team like red hots if it doesn’t interfere with your main club team. But if you start missing practices or tournaments to go play on Team Insta, you’re gone. Make a choice.

Well some local clubs may loose that choice. Unfortunately for them but good for us because our kids have a lot more options. Clubs need to up their game to keep all their players not just lookout for the studs. Clubs make and break too many promises, take money and don’t play kids, play favorites, have bad coaches who don’t develop and sometimes even break kids down to the point that they don’t want play. We all know the flavors of each of these clubs and now we’re also exposed to other families with older players so we know which clubs hosed them when recruiting time came. So why pay several thousand when you can pay a few hundred and play on a national team where the coach is happy to have everyone there and the kids get exposure, even the UPenn’s head coach’s son plays for RH (and Freedom) met him at BIC good guy. Not to mention everyone is new to the team so there aren’t favorites and they want to get on the map so they seem to promote their kids (a lot of national helmets at BIC) which like it or not I don’t care how good your kid is without support from a coach making or at least answering calls for you kid from colleges, they’re not getting recruited. The only downside of these teams was lack of practices, but they are now holding monthly practice camps. Even with the expense of travel, you’re still not at the same price as a lot of these local clubs and a lot less drama with more support. Local clubs need to wise up and start to do better or they’re going to start to disappear. You already seen it in the rankings. All that stuff is important but most important is when my kid has played on those teams he actually looks like he’s having fun and the next day when he gets home and wakes up, he wants to hit the wall on his own.